World Kindness Day – 13 November 2013
I’m not a big believer in having one World Kindness Day as I think every day should be designated a kindness day. Imagine if we all did one act of kindness, or even two, or three each day, the world would be a much happier place to live in. I try and do an act of kindness every day and some days, when I am out and about with my son, I can even get this number up to two or three. I absolutely love making people smile, I’ve never been much of a comedian so this is the next best thing ;0).
It’s the easiest thing in the world to think of others and do something for them so in honour of World Kindness Day today, every kind act you do for someone, will be worth $5 to our amazing featured charity The Orange Pigeon. All you have to do is perform a kind act and tell us about what happened underneath the pinned Facebook post in the comments section or here on the Ways to Amaze website.
To help you, here are some ideas:
- Return someone’s shopping trolley for them
- Leave a magazine at the bus stop for someone to read
- Tidy up your neighbour’s garden
- Donate some books to your library
- Give a friend a call whom you haven’t spoken too in a long time. Tell them a few things you love about them. It’s not often we remind them of why we love being their friend so here is the perfect opportunity
- Offer to run your friend an errand like the post office, or research and recommend holidays/delicious restaurants etc
- Send a friend a card/gift/flowers telling them you are thinking of them
- Offer to pick up a friend and take them for coffee
- Surprise a colleague with their favourite chocolate bar
- Clean a colleagues desk
- Offer to be a colleague’s assistant for an hour
- Place a compliment note on a colleague’s desk
- Send them a text telling her/him that you are thinking of them
- Make him/her their favourite dinner
- Give your partner a relaxing neck message
- Iron a few items of their clothing
Got any more wonderful ideas? We would love to hear about it. Lets spread some kindness today on World Kindness Day and help our featured charity The Orange Pigeon with $5 for every kindness act. Yay!!